Each of our boys have their own office to do their home school work in.
In their office, they each have: a tv, a DVD player, a file cabinet, and a 10 drawer cart.
They love having their own office.
- The first lesson we do every day is Bible, so the top drawer has their Bible, their Bible Memory Verse Sheet, and a notebook to complete their Bible work in.
- The next subject we do each day is math, so the second drawer has their math book and a notebook to complete their math work in.
- Third in our day is English. In Abeka Academy, their English DVD lesson includes literature, grammar, and spelling. We use a different drawer for each of these so that takes up drawers 3, 4, and 5.
- Their Science book and science notebook, is in drawer 6.
- History/Geography books and notebook is in drawer 7.
- In drawer 8, is their Physical Education log.
- In drawer 9, is a book they have chosen to read. I have created a large home library with many chapter books for them to choose from. I have bought many of the Sonlight readers, that are part of the Sonlight curriculum, because I like to have comprehension questions I can ask them after they read. They also have enjoyed the Heroes of History and Christian Heroes Then & Now books, so I bought both of those collections last year to add to our home library for them to read.
- In drawer 10, I will add an additional activity, like a game, an art lesson, or a computer activity. If their handwriting needs some improvement, I might add a handwriting practice activity.
At the end of each school day, any graded work such as reports, projects, quizzes, and tests are filed in a hanging file folder in their file cabinet.
7th Grade Abeka Academy Workboxes
9th Grade Abeka Academy Workboxes
To do this you will need, 170 hanging file folders per child.
- Go through and label each folder L1, L2, L3 and so on, all the way to L170. I reuse these folders each year.
- Then starting with Bible, I look at the grade book log and I go through and label the quizzes and tests with the lesson numbers on which they will be used.
- Then I just tear out the pages and sort them into the daily folder that they go in.
Having everything sorted out in advance, helps us stay on track.
Everything is organized in advance, and I LOVE IT!!
We also travel quite a bit, so this helps me when I need to pack for our travels.
When we travel, each of our boys use a laptop with a DVD player, and a pair of headphones to work through their lessons. Of the two options, both of our boys prefer using the tv with a DVD player to view their lessons. I like it better this way too, because I can hear what the video teacher is saying so it makes it easier for me to monitor their participation with the video class.